Saturday, November 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 11.15.09


Menu planning saves me time and energy. But I didn't really get going with it until I started linking with orgjunkie's weekly Menu Monday post. If you want inspiration or share your own menu visit here.
Turkey was the main event this week, in salad, soup, and roast.

What frugal cook can't resist. At $0.40/lb from Wal-Mart, it's a real bargain. We were out of Miracle Whip though, and had to settle for Mayo and Grey Poupon.

But now for this week's menu. Since heavy-duty shopping has already been done, I'll spend more time cooking. I'll need plenty of motivation. Much of our staycation was spent staying in. Which is fun, if that was the plan. Along the way, my brain started a boycott on cooking. And I hardly made anything I planned and kept avoiding the kitchen. I did roast a turkey, which may explain the hazy-lazy feeling.


Breakfast
Guess what we are having for breakfast? That's right, yogurt! BOGO sale at Publix plus two $1 off Qs makes these only $0.25 each!
Yogurt and Fruit
Waffles (FREE) & Banana compote
Cereal (FREE) and Smoothies
Oatmeal ($1.25 a box) with Raisins
Cheesy Grits (FREE with WIC)

Lunch
Being Florida, summer veggies, squash and zucchini, are still widely available and on sale for $0.99 at Publix and Food World.
Turkey Salad
Grilled Sausage with Zucchini
Leftovers
Porkchops and Honey Carrots
Mc Donald's 52 FREE Meals
Turkey Casserole
Dinner
I'm trying to get dinner super early (like 5pm) since the kids no longer nap. This means serve whatever they will eat the fastest, hence cereal. No matter how much they eat before AWANA, they are hungry when they get home that night. I'm counting on the milk in the cereal to get them all sleepy. If that doesn't work, we'll have oatmeal!
Leftovers
Breakfast for Dinner
Cereal (AWANA)
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Porkchops and Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Burgers
Turkey Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.