Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Forgiving Plants


During the past month, I've really neglected the plants. At least four days would go by before I'd remember to water them. I even put them right by the door so I'd see them everyday. They'd wither up and look so sad. As soon as they get water in their roots, they'd perk back up. Then I read that doing this over and over, like I've been doing, causes stress on the plants. It's a good thing plants don't talk, because if it were me, I'd let people know about the stress going on.

So I've been trying to make it up to them this weekend. I watered, weeded and pruned. I remembered how clearer my thinking gets when I do this, too. That's when it hit me. These plants are more forgiving than I am. No matter the hardship I put them through, "stressed" as they get, they always forgive me and start blooming again. As soon as I reconnect and water them, the relationship is mended and we move forward. I need to be more like this.

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither..." Psalm 1:3 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.