Thursday, May 30, 2013

Woodworking Projects: Hand Made Chair

For the Clutter-Busting Challenge, I shared that my husband changed our old Jeep alternator and car battery. But not only is he a budding mechanic (at least for Jeeps!), he is also becoming quite a carpenter.
 
My hubby made this chair for me! Using only 1x4 and 2x4 wood pieces, he followed a pattern from a the 2x4 Projects for Outdoor Living. I think he made a few adjustments, like using a pocket-hole Kreg jig to make it sturdier but pretty much made it like the book suggested.

 
This is a great book for outdoor projects. I found it a while ago at a used bookstore. I do love me some Ana White patterns as well and have prepared a honey-do list of woodworking projects for him this summer. He also made the $10 Book Ledge by Ana White using her pattern. I'll post a picture of that next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yap; it’s chair looks nice & also it looks like professional work. I have same feeling your husband is really a genius. I will be following you to find out what he makes next. Please keep posting.

    Stacking Chairs

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.