Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 28: Old Alternator and 8 Boxes

 
 
On Memorial Day, we visited with friends til late night. As we were leaving, the car conked out and Tony, my handy hubs, had to run to Wal-Mart and get a new battery. Yesterday, he also changed the alternator. I am adding that to the de-cluttering list. As you can see the new one the right is super shiny compared to the old one. It was the original from 15 years ago! Did you know that recycling the old parts will give you money back for the core charge of new part? He got $9 back today for recycling it at Auto Zone.
 

 
 
So proud of him! This was a relatively easy repair that saved us lots of money doing it ourselves. There it is sitting pretty. Now, we can use our AC in the car!
 

As for other de-cluttering, I remembered to get rid of some boxes last night but I didn't pull them out until today to take a picture. The Land O' Lakes hot cocoa is awesome! We have fun "ordering" our flavors. But I didn't really need all the boxes so they got consolidated into a plastic storage bag.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.