Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 21: 160 Books to Donate!!!

 
 

I really love books. And it doesn't help that it's pretty easy to find cheap but good books at the thrift store and library friends'  resale shop. Once, I filled up a paper bag for $3 full of Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss books from a Church thrift store. Score! Now 5 years later, our children scarcely remember reading these books that were once their favorites. They know they are because I tell them and now they can't get rid of them either.

 

But then yesterday, I started thinking about the upcoming HEAV convention and going to shop and buy more books. I remembered a young mom at church excitedly talking about becoming a stay-at-home mom and homeschooling for the first time. In a fit of generosity, I started pulling out all the books her son would enjoy. Soon, I boxed up our first curriculum, Sonlight Core-A which now costs $400!!! Why is it so expensive? I've held on to it for a couple years to sell it but never got around to it. Now I know why. Pretty soon, there were 4 stacks of books that added up to 160!




 I kept the library website up while I sorted through our home library. Except for a couple of books, the library has a copy of the books that we are now donating to the Church yard sale. And I even checked Amazon for used copies and most can be had for $4 or free with Swagbucks. So my heart is not heavy anymore. These books don't have a hold on me and I know someone else will be blessed by them!
 
Whew! Are you de-cluttering? Share your progress at Money Saving Mom's Clutter Busting Challenge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.