Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Booking It! January List



This year, I'm hoping to find more books to listen to but also a few to read and enjoy. While I enjoy homeschooling, it is really boring just sitting with the kids waiting for them to ask me questions. They are getting independent doing their schoolwork and don't need me as much. But I still I have to keep an eye on them to make sure it's getting done. Having a book to read or knitting keeps me from falling asleep waiting.

This is what I'm planning to read through April:
The Dyslexic Advantage by Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide
Are You Smart Enough To Work At Google by William Poundstone
The Good Food Revolution by Will Allen
Heroes For My Daughter by Brad Meltzer
A Family Christmas by Caroline Kennedy (She also wrote great poetry books for children)
More Hours In My Day by Emilie Barnes (I read this a long time ago and wanted to go through it again)
Finding A Groove: Composing a Jazz-Like Faith by Robert Galinas

Also 3 devotional-like books:
Power of A Praying Wife and Parent by Stormie Omartian (I read the prayers and Scripture for one chapter a day for my husband and children)
Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler
 
I've found that audio books are my thing. If I can find an equivalent audio book instead of having to sit and read a book, then I know I can finish the book.

Last year, I listened to quite a few books including:
Feather's From My Nest by Beth Moore

The Good and Beautiful God by James B. Smith
The Walk, Miles to Go, Road To Grace- a trilogy by Richard Paul Evans (awesome stories!)
A Frank Peretti book I forgot the title

Anyway, I really got inspired by the booklist posted by Crystal from Money Saving Mom and all the comments from readers of what they plan to read. I'm looking forward to her monthly book reviews and will pick some of my new books from there for the following months.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.