Friday, December 7, 2012

Target Shopping Trip: $46 for $114, including $50 phone card!

I feel pretty good after watching some Charlie Brown cartoons so I tallied my receipts from Target. I had two coupons for $10GC wyb $50 so did two transactions. I bought Glade and Dr. Scholl's items in my first transaction since they produced two $5 gift cards. Then I used these and the $10 gift card for the 2nd transaction.

Here are the details of my shopping trip, with Qs I used.

6 Keebler cookies (-$1.50x6)
4 Poptarts (-$1.50x4)
2 Cheez-its (-$1.50x2)
2 Vrooms cereal (-$1.50x2)
5 Glade items (-$5)
2 Dr. Scholl's inserts (-$2 peelies)
2 Right Guard items (-$6)
4 Market Pantry frozen veggies (-$1)
2 Intl Delight creamers (-$2.60)
1 dozen eggs
2 $25 prepaid phone cards

Subtotal: $114
Got 2 $10 GCs and 2 $5 GCs
Paid $56 after discounts and $10 GC for later

BUT the way I look at it, since we always buy the phone cards full price, the groceries are FREE plus $4 overage! Target really paid me to take all this food home.

Incidentally, Kroger is having 4x Fuel Points for gift card purchases. I bought a $50 Target GC, giving me $.20 off gas. That's a $3.60 discount for our car. And I used this gift card tonight at Target. Even more savings!

Thanks to Totally Target for deal scenarios and clearance updates!

Some of the "free" groceries Target paid me to take home




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.