Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Publix Helps with Homemade Laundry Soap

How many of you make your own laundry soap? I don't. My excuse has always been the hard-to-find ingredients. Now, I have no excuse. The Publix at Perdido carries all these products pictured. The prices are fairly reasonable. It almost seems like they had the homemade soap makers in mind when they picked out these items. Next time I'm there I'll jot down the prices and report back to you.

In the meantime, thanks to Mommy's Kitchen for picture and recipe. I don't know if I'll try that or the Duggar's dry detergent concoction.

Dry Detergent From Mommy's Kitchen
2 - Cups Laundry Soap Shavings (1 bar)
1 - Cup Mule Team Borax
1 - Cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda

Grate soap using cheese grater. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place in sealed container or tub and measure out two tablespoons (or 1/8 cup) for each load.

Powdered Laundry Detergent From the Duggars
*Uses 1/2 not 1 c of borax

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I came back to check and see if you had posted prices. We usually get the Washing soda at Innerarity Hardware, but it would be more convenient to get it in publix when I stop in for other deals. I have no idea what it costs at the hardware-Carl usually picks it up for me LOL! I hope they will keep caring these items, because they are so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.