Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Asparagus Omelet


Sometimes asparagus goes on sale for $1.99/lb at Publix and Winn-Dixie. It turns out, you can even freeze them without blanching! When you have extras, make sure you try this recipe. It's really delicious!

I was inspired to try it when I saw Ms Connie post it on Home Cooking Rocks. (She's a Filipino blogger, lawyer, writer and plain awesome!) Her husband actually made it for her. I happened to have all the ingredients but sauteed the asparagus and added half an onion.


Ingredients:
3 to 4 eggs, beaten
asparagus, cut into thirds
half an onion, diced
1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
2 tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
Saute onions then add asparagus. Set aside.
Beat eggs in a small dish. (I add about 2tbsp water.)
With heat set on medium high, pour into the same skillet.
Push it around as the omelet cooks , so it cooks faster.
Then add some cheese and add the asparagus and onions so they stick on the cheese (on one side of the omelet only).
Now the fun part, flip the plain half over.
This makes a hearty brunch served with salad, too!

Love to cook? Link your recipes to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.