Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 3.7.10


This week was not that great cooking wise for me. I was sick for a couple of days then my husband was sick right after that. My plans for monthly menu planning and freezer cooking had to yet get postponed. At least we bought some groceries yesterday and today. So we'll see! I'm heading over to Menu Plan Monday for great ideas!

So far I am thinking of these for dinner:
Shrimp Scampi (found a package of shrimp in the freezer!)
Chicken Salad
Quail Stuffing Casserole
Brinner (breakfast for dinner)
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Chili and Rice
The dreaded leftovers

I'm planning on baking homemade bread, banana chocolate chip muffins, and maybe cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Lunches will be soup, rice pilaf, and sandwiches. Below is a glimpse of what we ate this week:

We had baked spaghetti: your average spaghetti baked with cheese on top!

I'm starting to bake again. Warm cornbread was great with butter.
When I was sick, the kids and I had pizza and noodles for lunch. Weird combo but it only cost $0.19! I had a FREE pizza Q and 2 Thai Kitchen $1 Qs.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, cornbread. We like the left overs for breakfast too, crumble it up in a bowl with a little milk and cinnamon sugar on top, zap it for a few seconds and there ya go, yummy hot breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I will have to try that. That's usually a rice pudding type recipe. Being Filipino, I like to keep my rice plain unless it's fried, definitely no milk. But with cornbread, that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.