Saturday, September 5, 2009

Walgreens Deals Sept 6-12



Same with I Heart CVS, go to I Heart Wags to view the Walgreens ad before Sunday. There are great coupon match-ups there. Also, to find out the Freebies and Moneymakers, check out the list compiled by Mummy Deals and MSM.

As for me, I'll buy these so I can use up my Register Rewards before they expire: (Remember, they are usually only good for two weeks.)

Crest Whitening Plus Scope, 2/$7
Get $5 RR when you buy 2
Use two $1 off from last 8/30 PG (our are only has $0.75 and $0.50 Qs)
Final Price: FREE after RR

Glade, $5.99 Get $2 RR
Candle, Diffuser, Sense and Spray, Candle, or Lasting Impressions
Use $4 Q for Sense and Spray from Parents July 09 or Woman's Day Oct 09 or Print
Final Price: FREE after RR

Glade Scented Oil Candle Holder or 2 oz Candle
Buy 2 for $4, Get $1 RR
Use two Q for FREE Glade Candle (as in ad's picture) from Aug 9 Smart Source
Or Use two $2 off Scented Oil Holder found in the box*
Final Price: FREE plus $1 overage after RR
*My coupon ethics is that if I can get the coupon out of the box I'm buying without ripping the box apart, I can use the coupon in it.

Buy $10 Starbucks, Get $2RR; Buy $15 Get $5RR
Starbucks Ice Cream, $3
Use $2 off from paper or $1 off from Starbucks coupon booklet (I got mine from Target's Starbucks)
Starbucks Frappucino, 4pk, $5
Use $2 from Starbucks booklet

I have only started shopping at Walgreens again very recently. So my Register Rewards are just accumulating. Luckily for us, we have Publix stores in our area. And if I don't have much to spend RRs on at Walgreens, I can head over Publix and spend RRs there. The worst thing to do is to let RRs expire so make sure you spend them!

The trick at this store is that you cannot roll over most RRs. This means that if I buy M&Ms and got $1RR, I can use this to pay for my next M&Ms but I will not get another $1RR after the second transaction. So this means that IF it's supposed to be FREE after RRs, but then you do the same deal and do NOT get the same RRs to print out then the 2nd time around is NOT free. It's easier than I explained and it's OK to tell them you want to void a transaction if there if you make a mistake.



So, if I had only $5 to spend at Walgreens but I need to buy more than that, I would do multiple transactions like this:

First Transaction:
Buy 2 Crest w/ Scope, 2/$7
Use two $1 off Q
OOP: $5, Get $5 RR back

Second Transaction:
Glade Scented Oil Candle Holder, 2/$4
Use two $2 off Q found in the box*
Final Price: FREE plus $1RR

Third Transaction:
Buy two Starbucks Frappucino, $5 each
Use two $2 off Q from Starbucks coupon booklet
Buy two Pocket Folder, $0.25 (use in-ad Q on page 4)
Use $5 RR from First Transaction
Use $1 RR from Second Transaction
OOP: $0.50, Get $2 RR back
*Your number of coupons must not exceed the number of items. When this happens, use a filler item that is super cheap, like this $0.25 folder.

Total Cost OOP: $5.50, Got $2 RR for next time
Cost of items without any coupons or RRs: $21.50
Think it's neat to start out with so little to buy a lot? Check out other scenarios at the $5 Walgreens Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.