Friday, September 4, 2009

Frugal Friday - Trade Magazines for Used Bookstore Credit

Do you have a used bookstore where you live? We have two near us. They sell books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines. I have traded old books for credit there a few times. I often tell friends who shop for used books to bring their old books to trade. But I forget to remind them about magazines. I once traded mine and received at least $8 credit. This goes a long way at a used bookstore since books are at least half off the retail price.

So, if you get FREE magazines like all those I have above, trade them for "new" books (or more magazines). Lots of blogs tell you about FREE magazine subscriptions. So keep on the lookout. Read them, pull out the coupon booklets, and get "paid" for them at the used bookstore! Don't forget to call first to see which magazines they are taking.

If you live in Pensacola, my favorite used bookstores are:
Turn the Page Books & Gifts (Green House)
9105 Gulf Beach Hwy
(850) 456-5200

Hawsey's Book Index
803 North Navy Boulevard (near Shrimp Basket)


Did you like this frugal tip? If you have a frugal tip to share, stop by Frugal Fridays at Life as Mom.

(850) 453-1430

1 comment:

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.