Being frugal has taught our family how to make the most of what our community offers. Besides awesome beaches, Pensacola has lots to offer especially FREE events that have a high WOW! factor. But on weekends when nothing is happening, it's easy to get bored. One thing we do to beat this is going by the mall (NOT to the mall, just the area stores around it). We spend a few hours in the area and do at least one shopping trip and one kids events. I wrote up a Trip Scenario below. It is similar to what we would do minus restaurant trips. We like to pack snack and lunch instead.
If you live in Pensacola and have young kids, here is a little Trip Scenario for you this Saturday morning around the Cordova Mall area:
1. Arrive for breakfast at Village Inn off 9th Ave (free kids meal).
2. Stop by Home Depot off Davis Blvd between 9am-12pm for the Kid's Workshop to make a Bean Bag Toss Game. Come early in case they run out! Thanks for the heads up Mummy Deals!
3. Head over to Barnes and Noble at 11am for Storytime. (Take left out of Home Depot then right on Airport.) If hubby is with you, try to sneak out next door to Sam's Club, if you're a member. Saturdays means lots of free samples. Leave the wallet and kids with him and just enjoy a few minutes of ME time.
4. You must be ready for lunch now. Head over to TGIF also next door to use your BOGO coupon. Thanks MSM!
5. Don't leave yet. Since the mall is just down the street, get in there and grab your FREE Bath and Body Works travel item with any purchase. Thanks Hip to Save!
Whew! This is a lot. But everything is within 1 mile or less of each other. And you would have gone out to eat twice for cheap. So plan to go home for a quick nap and head to the beach in the afternoon for a picnic (that's ham sandwiches for us).