Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Reflections




There is always a great deal out there. This can be a problem, especially for busy people. Time spent hunting for bargains gets sacrificed for other priorities. Frustration turns into guilt; guilt into defeat. Then defeat pushes us back to square one -not saving money.

I've been struggling with this pattern for a while until I realized something... there is always a great deal out there. If for this week, no gas was spent driving to the store, that's ok. And so what if the whole world got to enjoy 31-cent Scoop Night at Baskin and Robbins? We can wait and go to TCBY on Wednesdays for a 99-cent waffle cone (delicious and a huge serving by the way).

I love the verse, "For everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance." - Matthew 25:25. It's about the story of the master who gave his servants some large amounts of money and how two of the three doubled what they were given. The third one didn't do anything with his portion. Of course the master was none too pleased with this one. While I don't believe this verse is a magic formula or am I preaching some prosperity gospel, I do hold on to this promise. It is my 100% "money back" guarantee that God sees all the hard work we are doing. He knows that we strive to improve our situation. So if we take a break once in a while, it's not a big deal. Give the rest of the world time to catch up with us.

No telling what perspective gets straightened out around here with a cup of hot tea and two kids napping! After all God knows all our needs. If we patiently wait on Him, who knows what amazing deals we'll stumble upon.

"And my God will meet all you needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." - Phil 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.