Monday, July 8, 2013

Cantaloupe Smoothies with Mint and Ginger

My mom used to make a juice drink with cantaloupe. So I made a variation last night with 2 cups cantaloupe, 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup ice. It was sweet enough without even having any sugar added. I think some mint would be a nice addition too.

We all loved this so much! Linking recipe to Somewhat Simple's Super Smoothies post!

 
Summer fruits are the best, aren't they? But watermelons and cantaloupes are cumbersome to prepare. I asked the produce guy at Kroger to at least quarter a watermelon for me and he said they couldn't do that. What? Miss my Publix (sobbing).
 
Is there an easy way to manage these giants? I'd like some tips!
 
 
I also picked up a cantaloupe. When I process these, I use a chef's knife and a smaller steak knife.
 
The seeds are easy enough to scoop out with a spoon. I keep slicing with the chef's knife until the slices are thin wedges.
 
Then I use the smaller steak knife to make it easier for cutting into bite-size pieces.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.