Monday, June 3, 2013

Menu Plan Monday June 2

My favorite dish from last week was the Escabeche. Which, of course, I did not follow the recipe. I made it from how I remembered it from 22 years ago. A vague fusion of Southern meets Filipino ~ in a word: delicious!

I need to start writing down my recipes so I can remember it next time I cook. (Anyone relate?!) My escabeche version is pretty much fried fish with sautéed and julienned vidali onions, red pepper and carrots. I used chicken broth, soy sauce, and fresh oregano to season the veggies. Then mix of 2 Tbsp cornstarch to half a cup of water was added to thicken the sauce. It is so, so good!

Oh! Also, success this week! I remembered to put the menu plan on the fridge and referred to it everyday. I didn't try to change the recipes but did change the order of some things. This is a big plus for me because I always get tied up in knots in the kitchen. Instead of being frazzled I remind myself there is already a plan in place to follow! If you are like me, post your menu plan. It will keep you sane- at least in the kitchen!

Here is my menu plan for the week:
Breakfast:
cereal, scrambled eggs,
matzo crackers and Nutella,
fried rice,
overnight waffles, pancakes, muffins

Lunch:
rice and beans, tacos, nachos supreme
omelets, crustless quiche,
Church picnic

Snacks:
cupcakes, apples, boiled eggs, yogurt

Dinner:
fried fish, pizza
ham steak and zucchini,
corned beef and cabbage soup,
lentil soup with mini meatballs,
chicken tenders with Kraft Fresh Takes,
Filipino spaghetti (I forgot how much I love this!)


Menu Plan Monday linky parties over at Laura's orgjunkie.com and Susie at Susie QT Pie Café. Make sure you check it out!



1 comment:

  1. Yummy menu! Thank you for stopping in last week and visiting & linking up! I love this Filipino spaghetti and will try it on my girls, soon!! Yummy and it looks like something they would eat.
    I"m always changing recipes, too. lol

    Have a super week! susie

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.