Friday, May 24, 2013

FREE Shopping at the HEAV Convention


There is nothing like going to a homeschool convention, especially if it is a state convention. I went two years ago to the Virginia homeschool convention in Richmond and it was jam-packed with 11,000 visitors.

But last year, due to scheduling conflicts, I could not attend for the whole event. I was able to stop by during the FREE shopping time Saturday afternoon. It was a great way to get all our curriculum. I knew what I wanted to get so I was able to purchase it there and have it shipped for free. So no lugging those huge carts you see at convention around for me.

I am doing the free shopping again this year and would recommend it to other homeschooling families out there. Check out your area state homeschooling convention and see if they have this option available. I had to dig around the website for HEAV faqs before I found this info:
Q:What is Free Shopping?
A: Free Shopping is open on Saturday, June 8, from 3 to 6 p.m. ONLY.

No registration or fees are required; however you will be asked to sign in at the Exhibit Hall.
The Used Curriculum Sale will be closed by that time and is not included as part of free shopping.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this info. I've been scouring their website trying to find the free hours. They sure have that hidden this year.
    Thanks again,
    KC

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.