Monday, May 6, 2013

Book Review: Unglued by Lysa Terkeust

In the beginning of the year, I had great plans to read lots of books. We are now almost halfway through the year and I am just really getting started reading. I'm glad I did pick-up this book Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst at the library.

For the past week or so, I have gotten up early to read for 30 minutes to an hour. And I finished the book! I would make a small breakfast of coffee or tea with crackers or banana in this case. Then I would slip outside to our little patio listening to the birds in the yard while I read. Taking this time to read for myself has helped me stay calmer this week.

I first found out about it from Crystal's top 12 books read in 2012. But I forgot about it until I saw Crystal with Lysa in a webcast for Summer Sanity Savers. I'm so glad I read it. I realized this year how much I try to do everything perfect and just-so. If I couldn't do it that way, I wouldn't do it at all. I've missed out so much of life because of that. So when I read this book, I gave myself permission to skip around and read what I wanted. It didn't happen often since the book is so easy to relate to and very readable.

I am more peaceful now but the first few years of mothering I was such a freak-out-mom. But you would never guess that from seeing me in public. At home, I came unglued at least once a month, especially when my evil twin sister came to visit. Ahem. It was a pitiful time of life. So it was really great to read this book and get help to stop getting so unglued all the time.

I would recommend this to any mom, especially us with young children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.