Saturday, May 28, 2011

Save 90% off books at the Library Bookshop


With summer upon us, we are looking forward to all the summer programs that keep boredom at bay. The nice thing is that most cities have free library programs for children this summer. The library system in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties have weekly programs that entertain and educate. I always come away learning something myself. Visit Pensacola with Kids for a schedule.


While at the library, visit the bookshop as well. Ours has book racks outside for $0.50 for any book, DVDs, VHS and cassette tapes. Inside, the bookshop sells mostly newer, hardcover books for $2 each. There are plenty of biographies, romance and suspense books. We usually donate books and occasionally buy books, and old tapes.


For the first time ever, I found hardcover books that I liked in the bookshop:


The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook (because it’s Martha Stewart)
Walk It Off (because we all can use another exercise book)
One Wintry Night by Ruth Graham Bell (wonderful story)


If bought retail, these would cost $50! Instead I only paid $6, saving 88% and I also helped the library. I also picked up a Curios George book, The Jolly Postman and Rescue Heroes VHS tape, only $0.50 each.


How do you save on books?

I’ve shopped used bookstores and bought some off BarnesandNoble when they’ve had $2 sales too. A friend is saving up Swagbucks to get FREE Amazon cards to pay for books. But shopping the library is the most convenient by far and economical by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.