Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saved 75% at Publix (Saturday)

Publix was crowded today with beachgoers heading to Perdido and Orange Beach to enjoy Memorial Day weekend. Bumper-to-bumper cart traffic in most aisles. Shopping was more fun than usual, until checkout that is. I forgot a couple of things in my cart and asked the bagger for help. But he never complained and willingly obliged.

Sometimes, no matter how prepared I am beforehand, surprises still crop up:
1. My Publix didn’t have Kashi Pitas (for homemade hummus this week).
2. I forgot my raincheck for Lipton Ice Tea at home.
3. Cantaloupe is $2.50, not $1.97 and kinda smallish.
4. Marzetti Simply Dressing is BOGO at $3.49 (but the $1 blinkie machine is gone).

So after chatting with fellow MOPs and couponing friend (who is moving in 2wks like all my other friends- waaaah), I had to find a safe aisle to park my cart and recalculate my total. Our Publix lets us do multiple transactions. I needed two at least $25 each to use the Apple Market coupon.

This is what I bought, after coupons:
3 fried chicken (from cold case) for Sunday picnic, $3.99 each
4 Marzetti Simply Dressing, $0.75 each after coupons
2 Bush’s Baked Beans, $2.37 for 2
4 Kelloggs Cereal- $7 (need 1 more to get $5 Gas Card)
2 Quaker Oats Oatmeal, $1.59 (clearance cart)

6 Crystal Light Mixes, $1.16 for 6!
Breyers, $5.17 for 2 (they sell lactose free vanilla)
Kashi Crackers, $0.50 (used $2 Recylebank Q)
1 Buddy Fruit, $1 (needed a filler item)
Plus $10 off with 2 Apple Market Qs


In the end, I paid $26, instead of $102 without coupons. That 75% savings! I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Do you shop Publix? How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.