Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We Don't Have Any Food?

Earlier this week, I was bemoaning how much grocery shopping I need to do. Hubby asks, "Don't we have food?" Food. Of course we have food! Our fridge, freezer and pantry are all full of food. So, why do I need to shop?

I can't pass up these great sales.
I'm a creature of habit.
Am I addicted to shopping?

Of course not. I thought I could live without milk, but it's been almost two weeks . There are too many cookies calling my name that would be disappointed to find a cup full of water. What fun is that?

In light of my new quest to start this month on a high note, I will do freezer cooking and menu planning for the first 2 weeks of October this weekend. (See, I am giving myself a headstart on October, that way it won't creep up on me like summer!)

Time to get serious. Coupon or no coupon, shopping will happen.

So far these are the best deals I have spotted, early this morning: I haven't seen the Barnes ad yet, since it's not online.
Food World (More deals from Coupon Chix)
Split chicken breast, family pack, $1.34/lb (good enough price)
Ground chuck, any size, $1.94/lb
Whole chicken fryer, $0.74/lb (my stock-up price)
Pork sirloin semi boneless country-style strips, $1.54/lb
Jennie O Turkey Franks $1 (there's a $0.55 peelie at Publix)
Kraft singles, 12 oz, $1.25 limit 2
(Use the $5/5 Kraft with other cheese- only $0.25 each!)
Best Yet Frozen Veggies, 32 oz, $2
Vine ripe tomatoes, $1.49/lb (good enough price)
Carrots, 5 lb bag, $2.49 (that's $0.50/lb)

Publix (More deals from IHP)
I didn't have a lot of coupons so that's why the list is short.
Cucumbers, $0.50 each
3-lb bag of apples, $1.99
Bartlett pears $0.99/lb
BOGO Pledge Grab It Cloths- Free with coupons

Winn-Dixie (More deals from Southern Savers)
Print a custom shopping list with the coupon sources listed too!
BOGO Oral B Advantage toothbrush
(Free with overage use BOGO Q from this Sunday's P&G insert and a $1 off 1 Q)
Campbell's Condensed Soup, $1
(use $0.50 off 2 PRINT- don't know if available)

Greer's (See Store Ad)
Onions, 3lb bag, $1.50 (Yay! It's cheap again!)
Gallon Milk, $2.99 Sat and Sunday only
Boneless bottom round or rump beef roast, $2.38/lb

Save-A-Lot (See Store Ad)
Wal-Mart will not price-match these. If you happen to pass through Fairfield, pop in to grab a couple of the deals.
5lb bag of apples, $1.99
Boneless, skinless chicken breast, frozen, $1.69/lb
Ekrich sausage, 16 oz, $1.79
Dozen Eggs, $0.99
Crisco Canola Oil 48 oz, $2

I will likely price-match these at Wal-Mart. Today I heard some Wal-Marts have peaches and plums for $0.25/lb... canning and freezing time!

1 comment:

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.