Friday, May 7, 2010

URS: Simply Loaded Baked Potatoes


Learn how to roast asparagus at URS. I love asparagus omelet myself. But I wanted to highlight an veggie that's been getting such a bad rap: potatoes. Yes, it's a white starch. But I love loaded potatoes and eating them may be bad for you, but I think the potassium and vitamin C counteract the bad. So in moderation, it's a great comfort food. Plus it's el cheapo! This week, Greer's has 5lb bags for $1.50 and there's a BOGO Green Giant Potatoes coupon too.

Bake when you have other things in the oven:
Simply wash well then prick everywhere with a fork.
Then throw in the oven (375 degrees for 30 mins is good.)
I let them cool slightly then halve and mash.
Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Return to potato skin.
Add sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese.
These should melt with the heat of the potatoes.
Top with bacon pieces if you have any. And serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.