Friday, March 5, 2010

Finer Things: Surprise Daffodils


A couple of weeks ago, we went to Orange Beach to visit their Publix. As we walked to the car, my husband told me he needed to go back inside to use the bathroom. So the kids and I pushed the cart off to a very nice parking spot he found. One thing wrong, though. I forgot my keys! The kids and I stood next to the car with our groceries. Good thing it was nice and sunny. I wondered what was keeping hubby so long.

Then he came out with a pot of daffodils! A thank you for doing such a great job shopping, he said. Aww. Inside the store, he asked an older lady if he should get me flowers he wanted (a bouquet) or what he knows I would want (a potted plant). Of course she told him to get me what I want. And I'm so glad he did. Five bulbs were getting a bit crowded in the pot. I repotted them as soon as we got home. Now, I don't need to wait for spring. I have three pots of it greeting me outside! Sprintime flowers, what a fine thing! See more Finer Things to lift your spirits.

1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful! I'm terrible with flowers, but sure love to gaze at them from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.