Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicken Paillard

Just a little salt and pepper is enough flavoring. Then cook it on a little bit of olive oil enough to brown on both sides. These are so thin that they cook lightning fast!

For as long as I've watched cooking shows, I've been fascinated with using those kitchen mallets. A couple years ago, I got one for Christmas. But I didn't really know what to do with them. Then in a recent Martha Stewart magazine was an article about how to use them!
So here is what I learned about chicken paillards. First get split chicken breasts when they are $0.99/lb. Of course it's much easier with boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. But it costs twice as much.

Take off the skin. Slice close to the bone.

There's a thin piece under the breast that I save for chicken tenders.


Butterfly it by slicing it in half but not all the way across.

Open it up like a book. Use the flat side of the mallet and pound away. It's a great stress reliever! I keep at it until the chicken is very thin. These can be frozen too. So when I am in a hurry to make something, these thaw and cook very quickly.

I made chicken paprikash with generousl sprinking of paprika and using a little bit of flour in sour cream for the sauce. It tasted great! You can do all sorts of other variations or simply saute with your favorite seasonings and serve over pasta or rice. They cook in a matter of minutes and come out very tender. Enjoy!

This post is linked to other yummy treats at Tempt My Tummy and Tasty Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. How delicious! We eat a lot of chicken. It's always great to find new varieties!

    I'd love for you to come and link up this week at Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.