Saturday, January 30, 2010

Super Shopping 1.30.10

My computer went down but not before I promised you regular Weds posts on grocery deals. Funny how things work out. But at least I have some pictures to share as well.

Don't forget about the local bread thrift store. Most cities have one. I spent $5.24 on everything here including pecan pinwheels for $0.50 not pictured here. Each item here was only $0.79 each! They only had 3 packages of Organic 100% Whole Wheat and I got all of them. Their specials change daily so call ahead. (850) 944-9989 in Pensacola.


Food World recently changed management. It's been months since I went there. I usually pice-match their sales at Wal-Mart instead. But I've been wanting to go and check it out. Do you get those FREE Marcal coupons? Frugal Fairhope mentioned buying Marcal items at Brunos which is Food World's affiliate. In our area, Food World is the only store that carries these. So I got to buy 6 items for FREE! I spent $13.41 for everything else.Here are some Food World deals:
$0.99 dozen eggs & Barber's OJ half-gallon
$0.99/lb split chicken breast
BOGO Jennie-O Turkey Franks, 2/$1.99
$1.69 Best Yet Butter, used $1 peelie coupon


Wal-Mart is where I price-match my produce. All these items cost $20. The Post-It notes are FREE. A few weeks ago, there was a $1 off Q in the paper. I looked through all the clearance and found $1 items to get them free with the Q. Watch the register though because they rang up the wrong price and I had to adjust it at Customer Service. I price-matched these from Barnes (B), Publix (P) and Food World (F), Greer's (G). Barnes has the best deals on produce this week! Here are the price-matched deals:
$0.50 each cucumbers & green peppers (B)
$0.99/lb vine ripe tomatoes (B)
$1.99 10-lb potatoes (B)
$1.50 each bunch of broccoli & cauliflower
$0.99 each iceberg lettuce (F)
$2.49 whole white mushrooms, 16 oz (P)
3lb/$1 cabbage (G)
$0.88 parsley, regular price


Publix, how I love thee! All this for $29. Lots of BOGO too. Check out IHeartPublix for deals.

All of these items are FREE or very, very cheap! I'll list out the deals later for you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I was wondering where I could get those darn Marcal paper products. I've been pretty much everywhere BUT Food World looking for these.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.