Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Walgreens Deals and Shopping, Aug 30-Sept 5


The past two trip at Walgreens have surprised me for sure. My cashiers, Lou and Breanna, were more than pleasant and very helpful. They were both at the Cosmetics counter. Lou gave me lots of good tips. The most important was to go to the cosmetics counter and find the SBA (Special Beauty Associate) because they have more time to help you and in Lou's case, she knew all the deals and even had some extra coupons for a customer. If your SBA is very helpful, make sure you let corporate know at the Walgreens website because they earn stars (pins they wear on their workshirt) for positive comments. These ladies are truly rare gems and make me want to shop at Walgreens regularly again.


Last night, we stopped by Lifeway to enter the Race for Reading contest. And down the street was the 24 hour Walgreens. There are a few stores closer to our house but I reasoned that since this is a 24 hr store, the employees are not rushing to close the store for the night and get home. So they might be nicer to a couponer. And I'm glad I listened to my intuition. The cosmetics counter cashier and Mrs. Hobard her supervisor were very helpful. They even reminded me to get the FREE toothbrush.


I had to do 3 transactions for this trip because the register was not allowing me to get all the Scuncii products for $0.99 in one transaction. (The limit was for 3 and I bought 8.) Why so many? We have lots of long hair here, not to mention the Barbies. And somehow all the clips and ties get lost after a few months. We'll see how long 147 hair ties will last. Plus I saw the cutest blog about fabulous kid hairstyles called The Story of A Princess and Her Hair. There are lots new styles I would like to try for my daughter.


Anyway, this is the breakdown of the transactions. Scroll below for the deals info and other register rewards deals this week. I found these deals from The Thrifty Mama. Check out her post here for even more deals!



First Transaction:
3 Scuncii
Colgate Toothbrush
Theraflu
Rembrant
3 Kraft Easy Mac
Used $10 RR, $2 Theraflu Q, & 15% off Q
Total: $2.53, Got $8 RR back

Second Transaction:
2 Scuncii
Theraflu
2 Kraft Easy Mac
Used $5 RR and 15% off Q
Total: $1.09, Got $3 RR back


Third Transaction:
3 Scuncii
Gatorade and Nestle Strawberry Milk
Total: $2.65

Combined Total: Paid $6.18 and got $11 RRs!

Looks like I made about $5 after RR's! One thing I didn't realize until now was that if my total was $2 including tax, I can't use a $2 RR because you can't use RR's on tax. But I can buy food products that we'd actually eat instead of chapstick or gum. I can use my EBT card for these and the $2RR will work. I was getting frustrated with not being able to use up the RRs and this solution works better for me. So minus all the EBT purchases, my total was only $0.83!



Here are the deals for what I bought:
Colgate 360 Actiflex Toothbrush $2.99, Get $2.99 RR
=FREE after RR!

Rembrandt Toothpaste $5, Earn a $5 RR when you buy one
=FREE after RR!

Theraflu Cold, Cough or Sinus Relief $4.99, Get $3 RR
-$2/1 printable HERE
=FREE after coupon and RR!

Scuncii hair products, $0.99, limit 3
Any product up to $3.99 is only $0.99!

Easy Mac Cups, $0.89, limit 3
I bought 5 for the Nabisco Rebate (will post info later)

Gatorade, $1 w/ in-ad coupon
*they told me about this deal too

Other Register Rewards Deals Available:
Breath Right Nasal Strips 10ct $4.99, Get $4 RR =.99 after RR!

Carefree ultra protection pantiliners $1.99, Get $1.99 RR
=FREE after RR!

Reach Total Care Toothbrush or Floss $2.99, Get $2 RR
- $1/1 coupon from 6/14 SS insert
=FREE after coupon and RR!

Men’s Zone Razor Blade System $3.99, Get $3.99 RR
=FREE after RR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.