Friday, May 1, 2009

Saved 90% at Publix!






Last night at Publix I would have spent $99.46, if I had no coupons and nothing was on sale. Instead I paid $13.71. That's 90% off my grocery bill!
















    Here was the breakdown of my transaction:
    The register rang up at $69. Then I used my coupons in this order:

  1. First I used a $5 off $50 Publix coupon.

  2. Then I used a $10 off $50 Winn-Dixie coupon. (Since I was still over $50.)

  3. I had $24.50 in manufacturer's coupons and $5.80 in free milk.

  4. Lastly, I used a $10 Save-a-lot coupon to bring my total to $13.71!

Looking for more frugal tips? Check out Life as Mom for the Frugal Friday post.





2 comments:

  1. WoW! That is awesome!! And I thought I was good at saving w/ coupons lately. I am unemployed, need all the savings i can get, and have some ??'s for you:
    1. Although I know that Publix will honor competitor coupons on products, I wasn't aware that they will honor competitor $5.00 off $50, $10.00 off $50, etc. coupons?
    2. Also, they will stack these Q's on top of their own?
    3. And also stack them with all of the competitor Q's together in the same purchase?
    4. Is this just your Publix?, or all Publix's? I live in SW Florida area (Ft. Myers/Naples).
    Any add'l help you can give would be kindly appreciated.
    Thanks so much! Trina
    My e/m: trinazone@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email with some answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.