Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Give Magazines Away for Mother's Day!

A year ago, we started our new life here in Virginia. All our possessions fit 2 cars and an 8x5 foot trailer. We had no furniture, few clothes, but lots of books and movies. But clutter takes no time wasting space. And so this month, I am hoping to keep up that purposeful minimalist journey we had to take by purging many items that we just don't really need.

To start, I found 45 items, mainly magazines I've been getting for free from great deals online. Some are Wall Street Journal newspapers that my husband and I enjoy reading. I used to love, love, love reading magazines as an escape. Since PBS has put out Downtown Abbey and other great shows, I found that I like these better than magazines. Plus, they don't take up any space!

So I thought what better way than to give away the current issues to my children's Sunday School leaders for Mother's Day. There are issues from Martha Stewart Living, Family Fun, Good Housekeeping, Better Homes and Gardens and Whole Living.

Some I will give to a friend who can share them at her work, some for the library friends' shop. I feel sad that I didn't get to enjoy these. But more will come in over the next months. For now I am amazed at how much space in the bookshelf I will now have by getting rid of these magazines. That's the positive thought that will help me keep going in this Clutter-Busting Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.