Sunday, December 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 12.7.09

We survived another week in the kitchen! Sunday for lunch, we had pita bread stuffed with grilled turkey and cucumber sauce. The turkey breast was marinated with vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil (and juice of one lime added at the end). The sauce is half cup light sour cream, half diced cucumber and these spices: paprika, parsley, salt, onion, garlic and black pepper.
Lunch on Thursday, sloppy joes with cranberry green salad. (Only $0.25 for the salad & $0.15 for the cranberries!) One fine breakfast we had sausage quiche. For a healthier version I used yogurt instead of milk and cut cholesterol using egg whites for half the eggs. I could tell it was healthier but I had to do it this way because of all the extra calories added by the pie shell. Normally, I skip the pie shell and make this quiche with grits.
We also had beef stew with carrots and peas for dinner. I cooked it from frozen in 15 minutes in the pressure cooker!
Cranberry porkchops also took only 15 mins in the pressure cooker. (It's porkchops with half a cup of whole berry cranberry sauce and 1/4 c bbq sauce.) Served with stir-fry sweet and white potatoes.

So this week this is what I am thinking for dinner:
Chili and cornbread
Tacos
Tetrazzini
Black beans and rice
Leftovers
Eat out on Saturday
Adobo Porkchops

Check out orgjunkie for more.

1 comment:

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.