Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 11.30.09

Check out orgjunkie and post your own Menu Plan!

Is it time for Menu planning again already? I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't plan my menu since I knew we were eating a lot of leftovers.

This week for dinners:
Beef Stew
Chicken Pockets (w/ turkey)
Beef Stroganoff
Sheperd's Pie
Homemade Rice-A-Roni
Leftovers
Chicken Broccoli Casserole

For sides, we're having Green Giant steamers. I bought 4 for $1.10 each at Walmart (using a $0.40 Q). I'm slowly remembering to add more veggies in each meal.

For breakfast, we still have lots of cereal left. But now that we are not on WIC I am rationing everyone's milk consumption. Publix alo has Fiber One Yogurt on BOGO for $2.50 ($0.25 each using $1 Q). Sometimes I dilute yogurt with milk and add it to cereal. It sounds weird but it works, especially on Fiber One Cereal (which can use as much flavoring as possible). I'm still able to snag FREE Kashi waffles at Target using the $4 peelie (found on boxes of TLC bars- Q for ANY Kashi). Look at your Target to see if they have these too. They taste quite good.

Lunch is another story. It's all about survival recently. So I'll need more planning on that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! We don't have any trouble with veggies when our garden is going full steam, but I struggle with it during the winter as well. I'll be posting a delish and cheap oatmeal recipe later this week if you're looking for new breakfast ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... Beef Stew on a cold night. Doesn't get any better than that. =)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.