Saturday, July 4, 2009

Walgreens Super Shopping



Last Sunday at Walgreens, I picked up some snacks. And used the Register Rewards (RRs) to get my hubby a magazine so thick, that if it was rolled up, it would instantly kill an army of insects. It was $7 but at least guaranteed I used up some RRs. Those darn things expire quickly and sometimes difficult to roll over from week to week.


Here is the breakdown of this transaction:

5 Capri Sun, $2 each
5 Chips Ahoy, $2 each
2 Listerine, $4.50 each
2x -$2 off 1 Listerine coupons
5x -$2 off wyb Capri Sun and Chips Ahoy
Total OOP: $15.68

Got $5RR for Capri Sun and Chips Ahoy (making each item $0.50!)
and $3RR for Listerine (making each $1!)

Second Transaction:
1 Magazine, $6.99
1 kid's toy, $0.99 (50% off summer toys!)
5 Seed Packets, $0.50
2x -$3RRs
-$2RR
Total OOP: $1.12
I bought the seeds because I needed filler items so my total would be at least $8 (it was $7.98) and at buy least 3 items since I had 3 RR coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think! Leave a little note to let me know you dropped by today.

Search my blog or the web.